Well, it has been a while huh? So here goes.
Between the severe rain/hail storms in Bozeman, MT today, I hiked up a little canyon. The trail was mostly just wet, but not gooshy-muddy. I did have on my grippy shoes. It took about an hour to get to where the trail comes out on a ridge and you can look down on the valley. It was sunny and nice (kinda humid sometimes) and mostly cool. On the way down, I could see the dark cloud bank to the South and West. It was still nice, but clouding up when I got back down to the car. Before I got back to town I could see a sand-blizzard ahead - swooping up the road. I turned off onto a side road and waited as the rain began to fall, and then small marble-sized hail. It was falling mostly sideways so I drove forward a bit to be mostly under a tree. The hail was still pretty loud on the car, but most of it was slowed down by the leaves and sprigs that were being knocked down.
After the storm let up, I headed over to Wendy's for a baked potato and cup of chili. After dining, I drove back to the hotel and walked over to WalMart. Pretty much the only way to avoid the small lake in front was on the shrubs and curbs near the entrance. There were a few cars parked in the deeper parts. Probably in about 12 to 18 inches of water.
And now about the margarine. Maybe you heard this before. When margarine first hit the marketplace, you couldn't get it in yellow. It was white and came with a dye pack for you to mix in to make it look like butter. I think that the dairy industry was able to get the legislature to pass a law against yellow margarine. My mom had a margarine mold into which she would mush the newly died (OK dyed) margarine. It would then be placed into the refrigerator, chilled and pushed out of the mold. I can't remember what she kept it in after that.
Love,
dadoo
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mixing margarine??? Gross!
Post a Comment